European Roulette as well as French and American are very popular among gamblers worldwide. Nowadays you don’t have to travel anywhere searching a brick-and-mortar casino to gamble a roulette. It is much easier to visit an online gambling establishment because any of it has European Roulette!
Check also our European Roulette Simulator. You can play it right here for free, no deposit required.
Now you have it and ready to gamble. But let us say a couple of words about the European Roulette rules beforehand.
European Roulette Real Money Sites in USA
|Rank||Logo||Name||Bonus Offer||USA Friendly||Claim|
|Roaring21||$10,000 +100 Free Spins||
|2||CasinoMax||$10,000 +100 Free Spins||
|3||Cherry Jackpot||$3,000 Welcome Pack||
|4||Las Vegas USA Casino||$3,000 Welcome Pack||
|5||Vegas Casino Online||$3,000 Welcome Pack||
European Roulette Rules
European Roulette is also widely known as a single-zero roulette. It is true, there is the only zero on its wheel (while the American roulette variation has two zero sectors — 0 and 00). There are 37 sectors on the European roulette wheel — numbered from 0 and up to 36 — and they are scattered in random order: 0, 32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2, 25, 17, 34, 6, 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16, 33, 1, 20, 14, 31, 9, 22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3, 26.
- Eighteen of them are red: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, 30, 32, 34 and 36;
- Eighteen of them are black: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29, 31, 33 and 35;
- The only zero sector is green.
What is good in single-zero roulette? Well, the odds of European Roulette are twice as better than the American one. Any gambler has more options to win in European Roulette because of single zero. To be precise, the house edge in European Roulette is 2.70% and in American one — 5.26%.
Gambler is trying to guess which slot the ball stops. Until the dealer rolls the ball, players could place a bet, after the dealer says “Bets are placed, no more bets!” it is forbidden. After the ball stops the dealer calls the winning number and pays out to winners taking away all lost bets.
European Roulette Bets
If there were only straight bets to certain numbers the roulette game would be dull and less popular. A direct bet has 2.70% winning odds. It has a very high pay-out rate — 35:1 — but you would wait for your lucky chance for a long time.
Gamblers usually like to play and win faster, that is why you should know which bets you could place in roulette. There are inside bets (bets on numbers) and outside bets (other options). Gambler place the bet trying to guess where the ball may stop and gets the pay out if wins. Pay outs reflect the winning odds.
- Straight bet could be placed to any certain number including 0. It pays out as 35:1.
- Split bet could be placed on the border line of neighboring two numbers. It pays out as 17:1.
- Street is placed on three numbers on the left or right vertical line beside the numbers. It pays out as 11:1.
- Corner and basket are placed on 4 numbers on the crisscross line. They are paid out as 8:1.
- Six line bets are placed on the line near the chosen 6 numbers, paid out as 5:1.
- Column bet (12 numbers) is paid out as 2:1.
- Dozen bet (12 numbers) is paid out as 2:1.
Even Money Bets
- Black/Red (you place chips on the red or black field) is paid out as 1:1.
- Even/Odd (you place the bet on even or odd numbers) is paid out as 1:1.
- High/Low or also known as Manque/Passe (1-18 or 19-36) is paid out as 1:1.
Additional rules to European Roulette
Some European casinos have an imprisonment rule: If the ball stops at zero even money bets don’t automatically lose but stay on the field “En Prison” till the next round. If the next round the ball lands on zero again stakes lose. But if your stake ‘En Prison” wins you get your original money back. That rule makes the house edge on even money bets less the average of European Roulette up to 1.35% and makes these wagers very profitable.
Another possible rule “La Partage” saves a half of even money stake to the gambler if the ball lands to zero.
First European Roulette appeared in 1842. Since then it is the most popular and profitable game among gamblers worldwide. Modern gamblers prefer European Roulette online since it ideally combines excitement, profitability and an open-access 24\7 worldwide.
Play our European Roulette Simulator to improve your skills!