Calculating the winning odds for online roulette is part of the strategy for a profitable game. The winning probability for the bets is different as the payout. The minimum win for the bet is 1:1 and the maximum is 35:1. Big and fast winnings attract, but you need to understand that the odds that the bet on a certain number is winning are very small. To make the game fun and profitable, you need to use a betting strategy and manage your bankroll. Knowing the probability of winning is important to assess the risks.
The winning chances depend also on the type of roulette. The most popular are European roulette and American roulette, although they are different. On the wheel of American roulette, there are two zeroes, and in the European version, there is only one zero, so the chances of winning in European roulette are somewhat higher, as seen from the tables below.
French roulette is also popular, there is one zero, and if the ball stops at "zero" then the player is returned half of the bet on even money. Therefore, in the French roulette if the player bets on even money (red/black, odd/even and so on), the online casino advantage is even lower than in European roulette.
It should be noted that, provided that the game will go on indefinitely, the casino has the following mathematical house edge over the player:
- 5.2% for American Roulette
- 2.7% for European Roulette
- 2.7% for French Roulette (1.35% for even money bets)
Les meilleurs casinos pour jouer avec de l’argent réel (USA)
Theoretically, roulette is initially a losing game with a negative mathematical expectation of profit, but practice shows that this is absolutely not the case. The win depends on the luck and how the player manages the bankroll and which betting system uses.
Using the probability table, you will be able to analyze the bets and choose the most suitable for you.
European Roulette Odds Table
|Inside Bet||Straight Up||1||35:1||2.70%|
|High/Low (1-18 or 19-36)||18||1:1||48.65%|
American Roulette Odds Table
|Inside Bet||Straight Up||1||35:1||2.63%|
|High/Low (1-18 or 19-36)||18||1:1||47.37%|
How to Increase Your Odds at Roulette
- Bankroll management and financial planning — determine for what amount you can play without harming yourself;
- Play European or French roulette only;
- Learn the rules of roulette and bet types;
- Use the most appropriate betting strategies and alternate them or combine them;
- Test your betting systems in demo mode, it can be done on our website;
- Play Roulette for money only in proven casinos;
- Carefully read the casino rules, pay attention to the limits for the maximum and minimum bets, choose a table for the game minding your bankroll and the betting strategy.