Martingale betting system for roulette appeared more than 200 years ago in France. Since then, this betting system has been of great interest not only to roulette players: gamblers use this strategy in casino card games and in bookmakers, for money management on the Forex market, for binary options and in other directions. It should be noted that Martingale betting system is the basis for many other modern betting systems for roulette.
- We bet on even money with a payout of 1:1 (red/black, odd/even, high/low).
- Our initial bet is minimal.
- If we win the first bet the next bet is minimal too.
- In case of a loss, we double the initial bet. After each next loss, we double the previous bet so that when we win we return all the bets lost in this series + the winnings from the initial bet. If you lose, the initial rate increases in such a progression 1-2-4-8-16-32-64-128, etc.
- After winning, we always return to the initial bet.
More details in table:
|Martingale Betting System for Roulette|
Les meilleurs casinos pour jouer avec de l’argent réel (USA)
The probability of winning the same color in a row in roulette is:
|Martingale Betting System for Roulette|
Let's consider Martingale betting strategy with the example of Red and Black betting strategy. Let's proceed from the fact that the probability that the same color will win more than 7 in a row is negligible. However, with the initial bet of $1, we need to have at least $64 bankroll. You can bet not every time, but skip 2 or 3 rounds to extend the game, so do some players when they feel that luck has turned away from them. But in our example, we will consider the classic version of the game on Martingale betting system.
We place the initial bet of $1 on red, "zero" wins and we lost. We double the initial bet and place on the red $2, black wins, we lost. In general, we have already lost $3. Now, we place $4 on red, black wins. Our loss is $7 in total. We play further, in the fourth round we bet $8. The total amount of our bets is $15. Red wins and our winnings are $16, which completely returns the entire amount of betting ($15) and brings a profit of $1. Next, we start again with a minimum bet of $1.
The Pros of the Martingale Betting System
- Theoretically, having a big bankroll, a player cannot lose because after the losing streak ends all the funds spent and the minimum profit are returned.
- The Martingale betting system is the basis for creating profitable low-risk strategies.
- With an increase in initial investment by half and withdrawal of money, the system becomes risk-free, break-even and profitable.
- This strategy is simple in understanding and applying.
The Cons of the Martingale Betting System
- When you lose, the bets grow exponentially, and the winnings remain minimal.
- After the first losing stakes, the player is in the position of a forever recouping player.
- Zero reduces the mathematical expectation of the probability of winning.
- The system is effective, but the casino, in order to secure itself, introduces the limits to the size of the maximum/minimum bet, thereby cutting the chain of doubled bets in a losing streak. Players circumvent this restriction by reaching the limit at one table and moving on to the next one.
Martingale Betting System Modifications
- You may not start the game right away, but skip some rounds when the same color wins. For example, you can start betting after the 6th or 5th win of red.
- You can bet not on even money (red/black) but on columns or dozens, and raise the initial bet not by 2 times but by 1.5.
- You may alternate bets on even money and bet on color, even/odd, high/low.
- You may limit the chain of loss-making bets and double the previous bet only up to the 4th or 5th loss in a row.
Best Tips & Tricks
- It is not recommended applying this system of rates in pure form because there is a high probability of a long series of losing combinations in a row, which will put a lot of money at risk. In addition, the casino sets the maximum bet limits for the table and chains of 9, 10, 12 winnings of the same color in roulette are more common than we would like.
- Calculate your initial bet so that 3 or 4 losses in a row does not zero your bankroll.
- Use Martingale system modifications to reduce the risk of losing a bankroll in a losing series. All modifications can be viewed on the roulette betting systems page.
- If you have reached the maximum bet limit at one table, you can go to another table where the maximum bet is higher.
- If you started to bet on the system, stick to its rules, otherwise, the financial result will not be predictable.
- Do not increase the initial bet until your bankroll is doubled.
- Withdraw the money won. After doubling the bankroll and withdrawing the originally invested money, the system becomes break-even.
- Do not use this betting system in American roulette, because there are two zeroes, which reduces the probability of winning.
- Play roulette only in a proven online casino, a list of such casinos can be viewed on this page.
- Test the betting system first in demo mode. You can play roulette online for free directly on our website: play European roulette or French roulette.